Senior Architect Bsc (hons) PgDip Arch, RIAS, RIBA, AaPS
David relocated to Northern Ireland in 2019 and manages our office based in Lisburn. This new office was set up to services existing clients and develop new clients in Northern Ireland. This includes new student accommodation and several residential projects.
David graduated from The Robert Gordon University (Scott Sutherland School of Architecture) in 2002 with a Bsc (Hons) in Architecture and a Pg Dip Advanced Architectural Studies with Scottish Architectural History. David’s other qualifications include a BTEC Dip in Engineering and a BTEC N.Dip in construction.
David joined the team at A10 Architects in Spring 2014 having previously worked alongside Darren Glennie while at MRT in Aberdeen. He has experience as Project Architect and Design Team Leader in a range of projects across the United Kingdom. David has considerable experience working in the Healthcare sector for local and national operators, local authorities and NHS Trusts for the delivery of health centres, acute Care Facilities, Care Homes and Villages, sheltered and very sheltered housing.
Whilst working as a senior architect at MRT and Young and Gault, David worked on a number of Public, Charity and Private sector projects which including:
• Breast Screening Unit, ARI (as MRT Architects) £750K
• Forfar & Kirriemuir Community Care Resource Centre (as MRT Architects) £14million
• Fort William Medical Centre (as Y&G Architects) £6million
• Skene Medical Practice (as MRT Architects) £3million
• 60 Bed Care Home (incl. Dementia Care), St Ronan’s, Dundee for Balhousie Care Group (as Y&G Architects) £3.4million
• 60 Bed Care Home, North Merchiston, for Edinburgh City Council (as Y&G Architects) £3million
• 60 Bed Care Home & 27 Assisted Living Flats, Maitland Crescent, Stirling for Allan Water Developments (as Y&G Architects) £6million
• 80 Bed Care Home (incl. Dementia Care), 58 Assisted Living Flats, and 20 Person Day care Centre, for Allan Water Developments in Dunfermline (as Y&G Architects) £7.5million
• 60 Bed Care Home, Fort William for Kingsgate Developments (as Y&G Architects) £3.5million
• 65 Bed Care Home Monkbarns House, Arbroath for Balhousie Care Group (as Y&G Architects) £3.7million
• 90 Bed Care Home Greenlaw (incl. 40 Bed Specialist Dementia Facility), Glasgow for Thistle Healthcare (as Y&G Architects) £6.4million
• 85 Bed Care Home Morningside (inc 20 Bed Specialist Dementia Care), Edinburgh for Sunrise Senior Living (as Y&G Architects) £5million
• 76 Bed Care Home, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire for Sunrise Senior Living (as Y&G Architects) £5million
• Kitkintiloch Integrated Care Centre for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (as Y&G Architects) £7million